We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Quinoa soup: the original recipe of the Andean culture, perfect for celiacs, for those who follow a vegan diet, for those who want to approach macrobiotic cuisine or for those who simply want to discover new flavors.
From the garden to the table
Therequinoa soupis a typical dish ofLatin America and its origins are very deep: the quinoa, witness of biodiversity, it was already venerated in the time of the Incas as a sacred plant, it has been cultivated for over 5000 years for its round seeds, similar to those of millet.
According to experts, the best varieties grow in the brackish territories of the Salar, in the areas of Oruro and Potosí (Quínoa real) but in our most humble opinion, they can also grow well in the home garden, as long as you have enough space to cultivation! Learn more: how to grow quinoa.
Quinoa soup. The original recipe
Ingredients for 2 people
- 120 grams of quinoa each
- 1 onion
- 1 potato
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- a couple of chard leaves
- extra virgin olive oil as required
- cube for vegetable broth
- pepper as required
Tradition has it that thisquinoa soupis served with a typical sauce, thellajua,with a slightly spicy flavor that is prepared by combining: ripe tomatoes, fresh chilli, raw onion, salt, pepper, oregano and a few drops of water.
The tomato is blanched in boiling water for a couple of minutes, just long enough to easily remove the peel. All the ingredients are placed in a mixer and this red cream is made. We leave the proportions to your palate to choose.
Procedure for preparing the quinoa soup
- Thoroughly wash thequinoaand place it in a pan with cold water unsalted. Bring everything to a boil and after two minutes remove the water.
- Fry the chopped onion and add itquinoawell drained, toast.
- Add the diced vegetables and cook over high heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add plenty of hot water, boil and lower the heat.
- Finish cooking thequinoa(it will take you around 60 - 90 minutes) and add the vegetable cube, preferably homemade.
- Serve the dish in bowls ofsoupenriching the dish with a drizzle of raw oil.