The vegetables they represent the most important food of a correct diet, they contain few calories, great wealth in vitamins, mineral salts, fibers and other micronutrients necessary for the health of the body. They can be cooked in a variety of ways, including au gratin. The vvegetables au gratin they are a light and tasty dish that lends itself very well as a side dish, appetizer. Furthermore the au gratin vegetables they have the advantage of being able to be prepared well in advance as they can also be eaten cold. Once prepared, they can be stored in the refrigerator for two / three days, obviously paying due attention. All vegetables can be au gratin, however potatoes should preferably be eaten within 24 hours as they lose their texture and flavor. But let's see in detail how to make vegetables au gratin following our recipe step by step.
Gratinated vegetables, the ingredients for 6/8 people
- 2 eggplants
- 3 courgettes
- 3 potatoes
- 1 bell pepper
- 6 small red tomatoes
- 6 spring onions
- 150 grams of breadcrumbs
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 sprig of parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and white pepper
Gratinated vegetables, the preparation
- Clean and wash all the vegetables thoroughly: the potatoes must also be peeled, the peppers must be deprived of seeds and white filaments.
- Cut the potatoes into slices about 5 millimeters high lengthwise, then cut the zucchini and aubergines in the same way: the aubergines must also be salted and left to drain in a colander under a weight to free them from the bitterness.
- Cut the tomatoes into strips
- Wash and cut the tomatoes in two parts, then clean the onions and cut them into two parts.
- Prepare a dough with the breadcrumbs, finely chopped parsley, half a clove of crushed garlic, a pinch of salt and pepper and season with extra virgin olive oil
- Mix the ingredients well until the mixture is homogeneous
- Take a baking sheet and sprinkle it evenly with oil
- Take the aubergines, after having squeezed them a little with your hands, the courgettes and peppers and place one next to the other inside the pan
- Take another pan, grease it with oil and arrange the potatoes and tomatoes and the onions in another: the vegetables au gratin have different cooking methods.
- Cover each piece of vegetables with the crumbed bread dough
- Put in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for about 15/20 minutes
- Check with a fork the cooking of the different ones au gratin vegetables: for some it will take a few more minutes and for others a few minutes less.